Frequently Asked Questions about Assam
1.What is the best time to visit Assam?
The winter months of November to March are a cool time to visit with temperature ranging from 8 to 25 degree Celsius. Few people also prefer to travel from April to June as summers in Assam are not too hot.
2.What must be the backpack essentials when travelling to Assam?
Most of the tourist visit Assam during the rainy season, and if you are planning to do so, you must carry an umbrella, water-resistant bags and footwear like crocs, shawls or scarves and essential medicines. Other miscellaneous items that you should carry are toiletries, cell phone charger, power banks and extra batteries.
3.What are the best places to explore in Assam?
Make sure to tick off these must-visit places in Assam:
- Wildlife: Kaziranga National Park, Manas National Park, Hoollongapar Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary, Nameri National Park
- Waterfalls: Kakochang Waterfalls, Panimoor Falls
- Bird Watching: Majuli
- Religious sites: Kamakhya Temple,
- Trekking: Haflong Hill
- Hill station: Dima Hasao
- Other places of interest: Tocklai Tea Research Centre, Jorhat, Padam Pukhuri, Sivasagar, Silchar
4.What are the must-try food items in Assam?
Traditional dishes like Khaar, Duck meat curry cooked with lauki, Maasor Tenga a type of fish curry, aloo pitika, and Baanhgajor Lagot Kukura (a chicken and bamboo shoot curry) are delicious, packed with flavour and local favourites.
5.What are the popular Assam tour packages provided by Ezi Holiday?
- Mesmerizing Meghalaya with Cherrapunji & Dawki: 5 Nights | 6 Days Package
- Explore Guwahati with Kaziranga National Park & Majuli: 5 Nights | 6 Days Package
- Experience Kaziranga wild Life: 3 Nights | 4 Days Package
- Romantic Arunachal Pradesh and Assam Honeymoon special: 6 Nights | 7 Days Package
- Explore Assam with Meghalaya: 5 Nights | 6 Days Package
Assam tour packages from Ezi Holiday offers the most economical way to visit the north east state and collect a life time of memories you can cherish for long