Why a Honeymoon at Goa?
Goa is the smallest Indian state but has some real cool vacationing options. The sea, sand and sun are the perfect setting for an amazingly romantic time together with your newlywed partner. Age-old cathedrals, Portuguese-style buildings, luxurious beach resorts and a buzzing nightlife ensure you make great memories together to cherish for a lifetime. A tropical climate and the friendly locals are the icing on the cake. So, choose from one of the Goa tour packages, pack your bags and prepare yourselves for an awesome honeymoon. You can choose from one of the specially curated Goa honeymoon packages for an even better experience.
A checklist for your Goa Honeymoon!
- Beaches: There is no dearth of beaches in Goa along the Arabian Sea coast. Calangute, Sinquerim, Candolim, Baga, Anjuna, Vagator, Morjim and Arambol are some of the beaches in the North Goa Circuit. The inviting list of beaches in the South Goa circuit starts with Marjoda in Margao and covers Velsao, Majorda, Betalbatim, Colva, Benaulim, Varca, Cavelossim, Mobor and Betul on the southern tip. Calangute, Baga, Anjuna and Vagator beaches are the perfect ones for honeymooning couples.
- Fort Aguada: Built by the Portuguese as a means to protect themselves from the invasions of Dutch and Marathas, Fort Aguada was once the most formidable and impregnable fort of its times. Built at the confluence of the Mandovi River and Arabian Sea, it is a majestic fort. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the ocean from the fort and the sunset. Take a vehicle to cover the 4 km road distance or climb the steep 2 km stretch, whichever feels more romantic to you! Visit the Church of St. Lawrence to complete your trip to the fort.
- Other attractions in Goa: The Old Goa Church is also known as the Basilica of Bom Jesus and is a UNESCO Heritage Site. A very peaceful and calm place to visit with your beloved. Pay your respects to St. Francis Xavier, whose body is preserved in a casket in the mausoleum at the top.
Visit the Shantadurga Temple, located in Kavalem village in Ponda Taluk, dedicated to the Goddess Shantadurga. Believed to be a form of Goddess Parvati, Shantadurga is shown holding a serpent in each hand that is believed to represent Vishnu and Shiva respectively between whom she mediated to settle a fierce battle.
The Mangueshi Temple, located at Priol in Ponda Taluk, is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Marvel at the temple architecture that is a beautiful blend of Hindu, Muslim and Christian styles. During the annual Jatra in January, the temple is lit up magnificently and the deity is taken out in a palanquin and paraded in huge chariots and is worth a visit.
- Water Sports: The lengthy coastline of Goaoffers innumerable water sport options such as diving, catamaran sailing, jet skiing, parasailing and wind surfing. Calangute, Sinquerim, Baga, Dona Paula and Anjuna in North Goa and Majorda, Mobor and Colva in South Goa are some of the popular beaches for water sporting to get your adrenaline rushing for an adventurous romantic vacation in Goa. There are plenty of you can choose from. Choose one of the reputed water sports operators with a particular eye on safety to enjoy some action-packed moments together. You can even opt for Goa honeymoon packages that include water sporting activities as a part of Goa tour packages.
- Dolphin spotting cruise: Dolphin spotting cruise gives couples a chance to view these beautiful sea mammals in their natural habitat as they skip and swim about the sea waves. Head to the Mandovi River and Sinquerim beach alongside Fort Aguada and board a cruise or a boat to enjoy one of the most rewarding activities you’ll undertake as a couple.
- Casinos: Gambling being legal in Goa, the place is a popular destination for casinos too. Along with a variety of games to try your luck, these casinos also offer good food, delectable drinks, magical music and an amazing ambience. Casino on a cruise, complementary food, traditional as well as electronic gaming and dedicated children’s rooms and games are a few of the facilities you can expect at the Goan casinos. Deltin Royale Casino, Deltin Jaqk, Casino Carnival, Casino Pride, Casino Pearl, Casino Palms, Casino Paradise, Chances Casino, Crown Casino, Grand 7 Casino and Dunes are some of the most popular casinos around.
- Vindaloo – Derived from the Portuguese carne de vinha d’alhos or “meat in garlic wine marinade”, the wine is replaced with palm vinegar in vindaloo. Predominantly made of pork, vindaloo can also be made with beef, chicken, mutton, prawns or any kind of meat. A spicy, tangy and an intensely flavoured dish, it is served with Goan Sannas, rice and/or crusty rolls.
- Crab Xec Xec – A traditional Goan crab curry, crab xec xec is an amazing blend of coconut and spices including tamarind and red chillies, ginger, garlic and other roasted spices. The couples who love crab can enjoy it with rice for a complete meal.
- Bebinca – It is a traditional multi-layered Goan dessert made with flour, eggs, sugar, coconut milk and cardamom-nutmeg powder that you must try with your beloved.
When to Go?
Goa honeymoon packages are perfect any time of the year due to the tropical climate. Between October and March, you can enjoy clear skies, sunny weather and a cool breeze that kindle romance. If the Sunburn festival is on your list, then winter is the season to be in Goa. If you want to beat the crowd and enjoy some great time together in solitude, then monsoon in the months of June to September is the right time.
What to Pack?
Sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and/or caps will take care of the sun at the beach. Crocs and floaters are the ideal pick for a casual honeymoon vacation while you have fun in the sand. A mosquito repellant will take care of your evening outings. A first aid kit along with honeymoon essentials ensure couples make the most of their Goa tour packages.
Goa honeymoon packages with their amazing attractions let you make perfect memories and begin your newly married life in the right way. Go for Ezi Holiday’s Goa tour packages that are curated as per every couple’s personal choices and desires without breaking the bank.